Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's been fun but it's time to move on

Well I'm officially out of the 20's.

My early 20's were full of awkward angst ridden, quasi-child, kind of moments. Feeling lost. Trying new things. Trying to hide who I was. Way too many days of being hungover. Travels. College and graduation. Living on my own for the first time. Trying to find a job I didn't hate.

Then I met THE guy. I found a job I didn't not just hate. I get to wake up every morning and feel good about what I'm doing.

And along came the baby carriage. And of course that was a total game-changer.

I grew up a lot this past decade. I figured out what love means. How friendship evolves. What it feels like to breathe in a newborn's sweet smell and know he's yours. To take risks.

To know I'm a talented writer. To understand that change isn't easy but it's necessary. I learned not to be so quiet. And to stand up. But to also value myself and know it's okay that I'm shy and not miss type A personality.

To the 30's I say bring it on sista. I'm ready for you. I look forward to learning more and trying to make sense of this crazy world.

1 comment:

Grace said...

I love it - a very refreshing point of view. And you know, 30 is the new 20. Happy Birthday, Alyssa - Cheers to you!