Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Already!?


Everybody says babies are easier at three months--I was skeptical. What, like some kind of magic switch goes off and the baby suddenly realizes that there is more to life than eating, pooping and sleeping?

Well it's true.

Collin is much more content than he was even a month ago and life is suddenly ready to be explored. He smiles, giggles, bats and kicks at his toys, sucks his thumb and has a new trick of blowing spit bubbles. He likes hanging out on his back preferably to stare at things that move like fans or mobiles. And he even rolled over from back to tummy! Mike casually mentioned this two days after it happened--hello milestone?! He also did it for my dad/grandpa so I know one of these days I'll catch him at it. Of course he still has his meltdowns and cranky times but overall he seems to be liking this baby phase. And I hope I'm not jinxing this but he slept 9 whole hours last night! I woke up at 630am, stared at the baby monitor and hoped my son was still alive. Then I heard him stirring and went to check on him; he gave me a big smile and some coos. Sleeping through the night makes everyone happier!

He spends time with grandpa a couple days a week which allows me to actually work, and there's the added benefit of him bonding with my dad. We also hired a babysitter to come over once a week while I'm home. The balance between family and work is starting to get easier.

We go for Collin's second attempt at his follow-up hearing test on Wednesday (he has to be asleep for the test and last week decided shrieking would be more fun). Hopefully he'll stay asleep and we'll get some results. He definitely reacts to sounds so he doesn't seem to be getting any worse. He also has an appointment with the ear/nose/throat doc at the end of the month. My little guy may have a hearing aid in just three months. Hopefully we'll get some clearer answers, stay tuned...

No comments: