1. A bunch of diapers
2. Wipes
3. Extra onesie
4. Blanket
5. Baby backpack for carrying Collin
6. Stroller
7. Water and granola bars for us
Anywhere with a baby involves preparation and more diapers than you think necessary (especially when you have a kid who gets at least one blowout a day). I also feel like I'm now chronically late whenever I go anywhere with Collin. It's amazing how just as I feel like I've got everything together and I'm all set to go he'll grunt and I'm running upstairs to change him. Or he screams in hunger. Or I realize I forgot the wipes.
Today, we hiked around Silver Falls, which is a beautiful setting and perfect for an outing with baby as it's not too challenging--mostly flat with some hilly elevation but nothing that hard. Still it's a pretty good workout when you strap an almost 14 lb baby to your chest.
Collin's eyes got big as he peered at the waterfalls for the first time. He passed out after about an hour and got a little bit burned on one of his cheeks. It didn't seem to bother him so we're hoping it doesn't start to itch. And of course Mike and I felt like irresponsible parents who are setting up our son for skin cancer. Sigh.
Here's some photos of the day:
First glance at a waterfall



No comments:
Post a Comment