Saturday, January 24, 2009

Updates


Collin is cruising right along to his first birthday. He pulls himself up in a flash, babbles, spits, shrieks, you name it. He loves peek-a-boo and is beginning to imitate us (especially blowing raspberries). He also started daycare a couple days a week and is doing great so far. He's enamored with a little girl named Violet (You can check out photos from our wonderful day care provider's blog here and see Collin in action: http://notmybabyblog.blogspot.com/).

He seems to be going through some separation anxiety stuff and gives me the look of utter betrayal when I hand him off to someone else--even daddy. The kid still has an amazing lung capacity and I can hardly wait for the screaming, flailing tantrums he's bound to have in toddler hood. I'm surprised the Department of Human Services hasn't knocked on our door with the blood curdling shrieks coming from our house, combined with the bruises and scrapes that Collin seems to get on a daily basis during his adventures.

He's also quite the social butterfly. We've been going to some mom groups and he immediately ventures into the crowd of the other babies, touches their faces as if to say hello, squeals with delight, does not hesitate to explore, and is most definitely not the wallflower in the corner. (Note: I was the wallflower in the corner). There is nothing wrong with being shy and I've come to terms with the fact I'll never be comfortable around big groups of people and I am not the type to dive into a conversation... but I can't help to feel a little relief that it seems Collin is gregarious and did not inherit the sense of extreme caution that my parents observed I exhibited at an early age.

No comments: