Mike and Collin went to Maui to visit Mike's grandpa. Now normally I'd be jealous, but they were just going for a few days and I sort of relished the thought of having some time to myself for FOUR DAYS. ahem. Lucky for Mike his parents were on the same flight and he'd have plenty of family in Maui to hang out with Collin. Of course he did have to share a room with him and sometimes squirmy two year olds don't make the best roommates. But they were in beautiful Maui just steps from the beach so I didn't feel too sorry for him.
One of the first things I did was clean the house. Yep. And the best part was it stayed that way for FOUR WHOLE DAYS. This is a record when you live with two mess makers, one who often has grimy hands and likes to smear things on walls, the floor, you name it. Seriously one day I dream that Mike will learn to wash his hands, ha. The floors sparked, the counters gleamed, oh yes it was glorious.
Then I got a massage. The massage therapist was awesome and actually applied pressure! None of that wimpy crap for this tough mama. I had knots that needed to be undone! There were some points I was breathing through pain but it was so worth it. I was high when I left. She said she could've worked on me for another hour. If only.
I also worked, fixed myself dinners that Mike and Collin won't eat and stayed up way past my bedtime watching Mad Men, True Blood and Project Runway. May seem mundane but it was a little bit sweet not to wake up to anyone or fix anyone's dinner, clean anyone's messes. This was clearly why I could stay up past midnight and not feel like a zombie.
But...the house did feel empty. And whenever I talked to Collin on the phone with his excited, shrieky little voice my throat tightened. I did miss my guys, but a few days of freedom. Well it's something every momma should be granted!
No comments:
Post a Comment