Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Two Months!

A month makes a huge difference in a newborn life. Milo is much more like a real person now and alert and awake to the world. He loves watching us talk and responds to the conversation with coos and big smiles. The swing is a sanity saver as his nap place where he'll sleep up to four hours in it during the day. He likes watching big brother and also is starting to take swipes at hanging toys. He's got pretty good neck control for such a little guy and acts like he's close to taking off when he's stuck on his tummy. 

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Night time is still a struggle. He doesn't want to sleep anywhere but wedged next to us and wakes up every two to three hours (sometimes every hour on particularly fun evenings). At three months Collin slept nine hours straight through the night but I think we lucked out with having a good sleeper the first time around. Hopefully the trade-off is Milo turns out to be more mellow!

But besides the continued sleep deprivation, I really enjoy being home with Milo and know to hold onto these little baby moments that will soon drift away into memory. In less than a month he'll start at daycare for three days a week and I don't think that'll be easy for me. As much as I like work, I'm not looking forward to dropping my little baby off. On the plus side, we love the place he'll be going to (Collin is at the "big house" and Milo will be in the "little house.) It's a small homey atmosphere and he'll be with caregivers that seem really nurturing. I may also drop by to nurse him once during the day for a few weeks. 

Next week Milo has his 2 month doctor appointment where the shots commence! Not looking forward to seeing the look of shock on Milo's face when they stick him with a needle. It is, however better than getting a horrid disease so sorry Milo. 



No comments: