At three months, he is ahead of the baby curve and already teething (lucky us). The doctor looked at us skeptically when we told him we thought he was starting to get teeth at the 2 month appointment. But sure enough, little white gems are poking through the bottom gums. He's drooling, irritable, and has tummy issues, which supposedly can be a result from the excessive saliva. This is not helping the night time situation. He has slept in the bassinet for up to five hours at a time but more common he wakes up every three to four times. I'm chugging coffee to make up for the loss of sleep and half the time feel like a zombie! When we move and Milo gets his own room, we'll start sleep training and hopefully that'll help!

Milo started daycare a few weeks ago. It was probably much harder for me than him. I tried to hold it together the first day at drop-off but as soon as I got to the car started sobbing. Since getting back to work I've been slammed which is a good distraction. The teachers he's with are caring and live and breathe baby. "Baby school" is also a small, cozy environment with just a few other babies. He's fine with being handed off to his teacher and doesn't seem to have any abandonment issues! And they have baby hammocks!
Getting into a routine with two kids is an adjustment and a challenge. If I can make it to both places by 9am it's a miracle. Thankfully Collin is old enough to dress himself and is pretty independent. I don't know how parents do this with two in diapers... I forgot how much time it takes to get out the door with a baby. Just when you think your'e ready to go, they're starving or they have a blow-out.
We've also successfully cloth diapered for the last few months. It's much easier than I thought (although taking the pocket out of the diaper is gross), it's worth the money we're saving, not to mention no big plastic piles in the landfill. The cloth diapers themselves are just like disposables except they're soft and cute with bright colors and they get stuffed with an insert. They also seem to leak less than disposables. Yes you do have to remember to wash them every other day but once you get into a routine it's not so bad.
Now onto his personality. Besides the sleeping situation, this is a pretty easygoing baby. Milo likes to hang out on his floor mat, rock his vibrating chair, or sleep in the swing. We have lots of conversation with coos and smiles. He tries to propel off our chests and I wonder if he'll be an early crawler (although no attempt at rolling over yet). He's starting to discover his hands, grabbing at toys and squeals. He's also gone from being in the 25% on the growth chart to over 75%. Our little chunk loves to eat and has delicious rolls of baby fat. He's nearly outgrown all the 0-3 month clothes. His bright blue eyes love to watch his brother and focus on faces and patterns.
Collin is also a sweet brother. Although he can be too rough and I wouldn't trust him alone with him for more than couple minutes, he loves to try to get Milo to smile. He comforts him when he cries and can even hold him in the bath (with mom and dad standing close by). The "look at me," give me attention thing definitely happens but overall he seems to be adjusting pretty well.
No comments:
Post a Comment